From the bitterness of disease man learns the sweetness of health. ~Catalan Prover
It all began Thanksgiving evening.....
One of my favorite Holiday movies is The Grinch. Remember when he is looking through the phone book and yelling down to the people in Whoville "I HATE YOU"? I myself have wanted to climb to my rooftop and yell several times this past week my hate for a virus that has afflicted our little Wes for 6 days! Coxsackie Virus A-16 or more commonly called Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease is usually not so harsh on little ones' bodies. But Wesley had a bad case of it.
Waking every 45 minutes at night, lots and lots of Tylenol & Motrin (there is no treatment, only pain medication), huge sores in his mouth, wanting to be held all day, whining, lots of Popsicles, crying, CRYING, not eating, and those sad "I'm not healthy" eyes have been haunting us for almost a week. I was beginning to forget what it was like to have an angel baby around.
After 6 days, I'm happy to report....
He's back! (Yeah)!
Doing what he does best: playing by himself, making messes, and giggling. I missed that cute Wesley giggle. My favorite!
Now we are ALL trying to make up for hours of lost sleep. He is taking a 3 hour nap right now and I'm headed to a couple nights of going to bed early. I have made several weird mistakes the past couple of days which reinforced my belief in the importance of sleep!
Good night!


2 comments:
he is crazy cute! i hate when they are sick -- they don't understand and it is just so sad. glad to see your bright little man is back on track!
I've never even heard of that. But whatever it is,sounds awful. :( Poor little guy. I'm glad that he is over it though...for all your sakes!
Post a Comment