Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday, May 19, 2008 - Hot Hot Hot!

This past weekend it was Hot Hot Hot! up here in Seattle Washington. Saturday night our house was 92 degrees! We have an AC unit in our bedroom so we can sleep, but it was pretty unbearable.

All weekend long Tom, Cam and Branden attempted fishing once again (continuing their obsession from last weekend in Bellingham). Cam finally caught a little fish (When I asked Preston how big he moves his fingers apart about 2 inches!) on Saturday morning. Saturday evening they finally got a tip from a kid at Pine Lake Park who told them to use worms and then Cam caught 2! Hopefully that satisfied this fishing desire for awhile??



Here are the mighty fisherman at my parents dock on Friday night:



Preston basked in the joyfulness of water all weekend long: he played with the squirt bottle on the beach at Grandma Hollie's house on Friday then went in the hot tub, played with the hose on Saturday while Tom and I cleaned out the garage (stupid thing to do on a hot weekend!), and then played for almost 3 hours at the beach at Pine Lake Park. Children + Water = Happiness.



Wesley and I hanging out at my mom's beach in the shade:


Summer evenings in Seattle are just so magical. Probably because of all the rain we have endured all winter long.



We have now entered the days when the sun doesn't go down until 10pm and comes back up at 5am. This results in our children going to bed late and getting up early. I am trying to teach Preston was "8 o'clock" looks like on the clock in my room ;) He is slowly learning. I say, "When the big hand gets on the 12 I will get up" then he waits for the second hand to keep hitting the 12 and asks me if it's time yet... ug!

A couple of other fun events this weekend: cleaning up the church Saturday morning - Preston
"helped" me mop, fireside with BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall on Sunday evening - Tom and Branden went up and met him afterwards thus destroying their chances of playing sports at BYU (hee hee), yummy chicken pitas at the Matthews house for dinner on Sunday.

Tonight we went over to a friends house for dinner. It was so fun. These are friends in our ward that we have never really hung out with just our two families - it's usually just a large group. I really enjoyed getting to know them better and our kids loved playing together. I have so many wonderful friends as I am sure you can all tell.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Those pictures at the lake look so nice. I bet that was just perfect with the weather and all! How fun.