Monday, May 12, 2008

Monday, May 12, 2008 - Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms in my life! Here is a picture of my mom and my mother-in-law. I have 2 really wonderful moms who are a great example to me and help me so much. They are very special to me. Also the grandmothers in my life and the soon to be mommy in our family - Heidi!!
I had a great Mother's Day (of course). Sunday morning we left Bellingham at 8am so we could be at church. Mother's day just wouldn't be the same without going to church and listening to the insiration talks and messages. Also seeing Preston up there singing just melted my heart. He had his arms folded the whole time and did a little wave to me (while keeping his arms folded). I even saw him sing a few words.
This year Tom came up with the awesome idea of creating a personalized Memory game for my mom and Jan. Of course, being the type A personality that I am I had to take the project over, but I have to give credit to Tom for coming up with the idea. Both of them loved it. Here is a sample of the game:

We bought an actual Memory game and then used spray adhesive to put the pictures on it. It turned out better than I thought.
I got a gift certificate from Tim and Jan to Target. My mom called me the other day in Target and asked me for some ideas for a gift. I told her 3 things and to my surprise I got all 3. It was pretty funny: book light, rusk shampoo (my favorite), and a new hair brush.
However, I must say the present this year goes to Grandma Great. I am not a big crier when it comes to presents, but I started to cry when I opened her gift. When I first opened it it was the Willow Tree box and the statue was called "Quietly" I was wondering what it was and then I opened it:



It touched my heart. Isn't it so precious. Of course Tom joked that we needed a red marker to make Preston's hair red.
I got an amazing Stroganoff dinner on Sunday made by the amazing chef Tim (he always cooks the entire meal on Mother's Day - even with dessert) and on Monday we celebrated with my mom and she made TriTips and we went in the hot tub.
I love spending time with my family. I love my boys and I love being a mom every day. Happy Mother's Day everyone!


No comments: